Sunday, November 29, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
- Prayer Journal (altered composition book)
- bag of chocolate (Angel Kisses)
- bottle of water (Living Water)
- Purse Card
- small bottle of shampoo
- small bottle of cleansing gel
- disposable razor
I used composition books from Walmart and covered the inside, outside and front and back of each journal. I was a Valentine paper pack that I already had but never used. The candy bag was made with small candy bags from Walmart and I cut off about 3 inches from the top. Then I stapled it at the top. I then cut two circles from the same Valentine pack (one at 5.75 inches and one and 5.25 inches) and glued them together. I punched two holes across from eachother and pulled the ribbon through it and tied knots so that they couldn't be pulled out. I then stamped a sentiment from CDstamps.com and created a border around it with two pieces of cardstock from my scrap stash. I then, used my ATG gun and taped the folded circle over the top of the goodie bag. I created a purse card that is a tri-fold from GBS cartridge, using my Gypsy. I then borrowed an idea of wrapping the water bottle from Tammy with Christmas with a Cricut. She was a guest designer at Hallmark Scrapbook Blog. You can view the video here on how to make it. I made the goodie bag with things us gals normally forget when we go to a weekend retreat.
I have to tell you a little story about the prayer journal. As I was going over ideas in my head about how to decorate the journal, I couldn't make up my mind. I look through all my existing paper pads (you know the ones we all have) and just couldn't make up my mind. I went to stores and nothing stood out. So I decided to pray about it and ask God what He had envisioned. And He told me to make Love Journals. He said we are His Beloved and He wanted us to write to Him all our desires, hopes, dreams, joys, pains, and losses. So I took out a Valentines pack I purchased in January and never used (now I know why) and started to make the books. I knew He said "Love Letters" but when I went to the retreat website, I saw it was called "The Winds of Revolution". It didn't sound like anything to do with Love Letters and I started to doubt the word I heard. But in obedience I did it just like He asked. Well, on Saturday, after the morning a session, they gave us an assignment for the afternoon that we are to do in quietness with just us and God. And they said, "I want you to get out your journals that you brought to take notes and I want you to pen LOVE LETTERS to our Beloved. He has told me that He wants love letters from all of you. I just turned to all the women I made journals and my mouth just dropped open. We all had journals that said "Love Letters." Can I get an amen?
Friday, November 6, 2009
- Where is your cell phone? couch
- Your hair? short
- Your mother? Home
- Your father? Home
- Your favorite food? Menudo
- Your dream last night? funny
- Your favorite drink? cherry Limeade
- Your dream/goal? famous
- What room are you in? living room
- Your hobby? Studying
- Your fear? failing
- Where do you want to be in 6 years? Happy
- Where were you last night? Bible Study
- Something that you aren't? fashionista
- Muffins? Banana Nut
- Wish list item? creativity
- Where did you grow up? Texas
- Last thing you did? drive
- What are you wearing? shorts
- Your TV? on
- Your Pets? 5
- Friends? amazing
- Your life? joyful
- Your mood? bliss
- Missing Someone? Stepson
- vehicle? Pacifica
- Something your not wearing? shoes
- Your favorite store?By Design Scrapbook Boutique
- Your favorite color? green
- When was the last time you laughed? hour
- Last time you cried?month
- Your best friend? husband
- One place that I go to over and over? cricut.com
- Facebook? yes
- Favorite place to eat? Spanish Flower
Thursday, November 5, 2009
I have Bible Study tonight so I will get parts one and two uploaded before I leave, however, part three will come after Bible Study. They were really quick so kind of raw but you will get the idea. Hopefully in the coming weeks I will get to hone in on my video skills and produce better videos. I am new at this, so be gentle. :)
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Cricut App Version 1.2 Build 0142: 11/04/2009
*Note: Previous to this Circut App release, if you attempted to cut a design based on a template containing an image you don’t have the rights to cut (even though the template does not cut) the entire design would not cut.
Gypsy Sync Software (MAC/WIN): 11/04/2009
- Add the ability to transfer files to and from your Gypsy. Files that can be transferred are *.gypsy files. Yes this works.
- Skewing/SlantingWe are aware of an issue with Skewing/Slanting. This capability does not function properly when transferring files from Cricut DesignStudio and Gypsy. Files that have Skewing/Slanting in them may not have the same Skewing/Slanting or in some cases the Skewing/Slanting is completely removed. This only happens when transferring files. You can transfer files and then add Skewing/Slanting. This is known issue that we are still working to resolve. Images that have skewing/slanting that are transferred might not cut properly until this issue is resolved.
- Multi-page FilesTransferring designs with multiple pages from Cricut DesignStudio to Gypsy is available. You will also be able to create new multi-page designs on your Gypsy and cut them on your Gypsy. When transferring any multi-page design from Gypsy to Cricut DesignStudio the pages will all be combined into one page. This includes designs that were created in Cricut DesignStudio, transferred to Gypsy and then transferred back to Cricut DesignStudio. We recommend that you keep a copy of the original Cricut DesignStudio files when transferring them to the Gypsy and vice versa.
- Gypsy Sync (Mac)The installer does not automatically close the old version when installing the new version. You must close the old version when installing the new version.
- Gypsy Synch (Windows)The file list does not automatically refresh. You must refresh in order to see the updated file list.
- Gypsy HelpThe help files have not been updated since the previous version.
- Cricut Firmware Upgrades When Gypsy recognizes that the Cricut firmware needs to be upgraded the Gypsy will not tell you this until you hit the exit button. You can upgrade your Cricut firmware manually by pressing the menu button and selecting Upgrade Cricut.
I have a family to attend so I will be back later with a video of the updates and to test cutting. Off to church.