Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
- Prayer Journal (altered composition book)
- bag of chocolate (Angel Kisses)
- bottle of water (Living Water)
- Purse Card
- small bottle of shampoo
- small bottle of cleansing gel
- disposable razor
I used composition books from Walmart and covered the inside, outside and front and back of each journal. I was a Valentine paper pack that I already had but never used. The candy bag was made with small candy bags from Walmart and I cut off about 3 inches from the top. Then I stapled it at the top. I then cut two circles from the same Valentine pack (one at 5.75 inches and one and 5.25 inches) and glued them together. I punched two holes across from eachother and pulled the ribbon through it and tied knots so that they couldn't be pulled out. I then stamped a sentiment from CDstamps.com and created a border around it with two pieces of cardstock from my scrap stash. I then, used my ATG gun and taped the folded circle over the top of the goodie bag. I created a purse card that is a tri-fold from GBS cartridge, using my Gypsy. I then borrowed an idea of wrapping the water bottle from Tammy with Christmas with a Cricut. She was a guest designer at Hallmark Scrapbook Blog. You can view the video here on how to make it. I made the goodie bag with things us gals normally forget when we go to a weekend retreat.
I have to tell you a little story about the prayer journal. As I was going over ideas in my head about how to decorate the journal, I couldn't make up my mind. I look through all my existing paper pads (you know the ones we all have) and just couldn't make up my mind. I went to stores and nothing stood out. So I decided to pray about it and ask God what He had envisioned. And He told me to make Love Journals. He said we are His Beloved and He wanted us to write to Him all our desires, hopes, dreams, joys, pains, and losses. So I took out a Valentines pack I purchased in January and never used (now I know why) and started to make the books. I knew He said "Love Letters" but when I went to the retreat website, I saw it was called "The Winds of Revolution". It didn't sound like anything to do with Love Letters and I started to doubt the word I heard. But in obedience I did it just like He asked. Well, on Saturday, after the morning a session, they gave us an assignment for the afternoon that we are to do in quietness with just us and God. And they said, "I want you to get out your journals that you brought to take notes and I want you to pen LOVE LETTERS to our Beloved. He has told me that He wants love letters from all of you. I just turned to all the women I made journals and my mouth just dropped open. We all had journals that said "Love Letters." Can I get an amen?
Friday, November 6, 2009
- Where is your cell phone? couch
- Your hair? short
- Your mother? Home
- Your father? Home
- Your favorite food? Menudo
- Your dream last night? funny
- Your favorite drink? cherry Limeade
- Your dream/goal? famous
- What room are you in? living room
- Your hobby? Studying
- Your fear? failing
- Where do you want to be in 6 years? Happy
- Where were you last night? Bible Study
- Something that you aren't? fashionista
- Muffins? Banana Nut
- Wish list item? creativity
- Where did you grow up? Texas
- Last thing you did? drive
- What are you wearing? shorts
- Your TV? on
- Your Pets? 5
- Friends? amazing
- Your life? joyful
- Your mood? bliss
- Missing Someone? Stepson
- vehicle? Pacifica
- Something your not wearing? shoes
- Your favorite store?By Design Scrapbook Boutique
- Your favorite color? green
- When was the last time you laughed? hour
- Last time you cried?month
- Your best friend? husband
- One place that I go to over and over? cricut.com
- Facebook? yes
- Favorite place to eat? Spanish Flower
Thursday, November 5, 2009
I have Bible Study tonight so I will get parts one and two uploaded before I leave, however, part three will come after Bible Study. They were really quick so kind of raw but you will get the idea. Hopefully in the coming weeks I will get to hone in on my video skills and produce better videos. I am new at this, so be gentle. :)
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Cricut App Version 1.2 Build 0142: 11/04/2009
*Note: Previous to this Circut App release, if you attempted to cut a design based on a template containing an image you don’t have the rights to cut (even though the template does not cut) the entire design would not cut.
Gypsy Sync Software (MAC/WIN): 11/04/2009
- Add the ability to transfer files to and from your Gypsy. Files that can be transferred are *.gypsy files. Yes this works.
- Skewing/SlantingWe are aware of an issue with Skewing/Slanting. This capability does not function properly when transferring files from Cricut DesignStudio and Gypsy. Files that have Skewing/Slanting in them may not have the same Skewing/Slanting or in some cases the Skewing/Slanting is completely removed. This only happens when transferring files. You can transfer files and then add Skewing/Slanting. This is known issue that we are still working to resolve. Images that have skewing/slanting that are transferred might not cut properly until this issue is resolved.
- Multi-page FilesTransferring designs with multiple pages from Cricut DesignStudio to Gypsy is available. You will also be able to create new multi-page designs on your Gypsy and cut them on your Gypsy. When transferring any multi-page design from Gypsy to Cricut DesignStudio the pages will all be combined into one page. This includes designs that were created in Cricut DesignStudio, transferred to Gypsy and then transferred back to Cricut DesignStudio. We recommend that you keep a copy of the original Cricut DesignStudio files when transferring them to the Gypsy and vice versa.
- Gypsy Sync (Mac)The installer does not automatically close the old version when installing the new version. You must close the old version when installing the new version.
- Gypsy Synch (Windows)The file list does not automatically refresh. You must refresh in order to see the updated file list.
- Gypsy HelpThe help files have not been updated since the previous version.
- Cricut Firmware Upgrades When Gypsy recognizes that the Cricut firmware needs to be upgraded the Gypsy will not tell you this until you hit the exit button. You can upgrade your Cricut firmware manually by pressing the menu button and selecting Upgrade Cricut.
I have a family to attend so I will be back later with a video of the updates and to test cutting. Off to church.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Fortunately, a Cricut Board member graciously called customer support and wrote down exactly what she needed to do to get her Cricut back up and running. So I did a brief video on doing the following steps:
- First thing is to go to your start menu click on my computer click on local disk c:
- click on program files click on cricut software
- click on cricut design studio click on firmware releases There will be about 5 or so files that come up -
- look for two files that say cricut v2_34.enc and cricut v2.benc
- For the one labeled cricut v2_34.enc right click and select rename.
- What you will do is add an a right after the 4 so it will look like this now cricut v2_34a.enc
- click away from that and right click on the next folder labeled cricut v2_34b.enc.
- right click and choose rename.
- What you do here is only REMOVE the b.
- Once you have done this open design studio and update your firmware and then all should be good to go.
I did a short video about me actually doing the steps above. My laptop runs on Vista 64bit.
I also opened up my SCAL2 and I was still able to cut files with it. wuu huu
Man going upstairs was such a tease. I wanted to stay up there and just craft away but alas, I had to come down stairs and sit on the couch and elevate my ankle.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
My Youtube name is MuchAdoAboutInking....will change soon but that is what it is for now.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Did I mention I love my Gypsy? I made this card using my Gypsy and the George and Basic Shapes cartridge. I cannot take the credit for the shape. JenC, a wonderful member of the Cricut forum, created this cut. She did it on Design Studio. Because DS is not compatible with the Gypsy, I had to recreate the cut in my Gypsy. It took a while but it I like it and I learned a lot about my Gypsy. I used paper from Basic Grey's Valentine line from 2009. The ribbon is from Michael's and the beads are from Paper Studio.
If you want the cut file for Design Studio, go to Jen's blog. If you leave her a comment, she will email you the file. She has some really nice cut files. So grab a coffee, sit back and enjoy her blog.
On a side note: I am in the process of recording Gypsy videos for beginners. I should have them edit ted and up by this weekend.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
- Battery charger
- 2 preloaded carts (Gypsy font and wanderling)
- Don Juan Cartridge (previously exclusive to the Create)
- Battery charger
- travel sleeve
- Traveling case for Gypsy and battery charger (cute pink and black exclusive to HSN)
- Car charger
You don't want to miss this. Here is the link.
Don't miss out.
Monday, September 21, 2009
I am excited about my next scrapping project: Race for the Cure. I am running in the Houston Komen Race for the Cure in October. I am an 11 year survivor and one of 18 women in my family that have heard those scary words, "you have breast cancer." I started a team: Team Boob Troop and I want to do a mini album about our run. I can't wait.
But even more exciting is the Gypsy by Provocraft. It is a handheld version of Design Studio that will hold all your cartridges in one device that you can take to any crop and hook to any Cricut and cut to your heart's desire. Here is a picture of it.
It is amazing and HSN will have it as their Daily Special on September 24th at 12:01 am. So for all us Central time gals, that is 11:00 PM on September 23rd.
Here is what it will include:
- Preloaded Gypsy Font
- Preloaded Gypsy shape card
- black and pink carrying case
- black an dpink skin cover
- car charger
- USB cord
- ac adapter
- Don Juan cartrige and overlay
$299.99 $59.99 flex pay with $11.20 for 4 day shipping!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
My daughter turned thirteen last week. I can't believe it. We did not do the cake thing but she wanted to take cupcakes to her 6th period class. So about 11 am, I started to make her cupcakes and I realized, "Yikes!! I don't have any toppers for the cupcakes." So I ran upstairs to my craftroom and die cut some butterflies with my Cuttlebug. I cut 36 to be exact. One was for the base and the other folded and hot glued on top of the other. Twenty five minutes is all it took. Thank goodness because I finished just in time to get the cupcakes to school.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
I am in love the the Basic Grey Valentines paper. I can't remember the name to save my life. I used three mirrors in the mini album. See if you can spot them.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
- I cut the Voila Felt strips to mimick the antenna and tail of the butterfly.
- I also used "Thanks" Ribbon to tie a hidden picture to a page.
- I used Ephemera digital element from PCLayers.com to do all my journaling.
- The "Thank You" on the journaling is the font "Albemarle Swash" (the same font used for some journaling stickers from Making Memories Love Notes Tiny Alpha stickers
- I aged and distressed my jounalling tags with Tim Holtz Distress ink so that they matched the paper from My Minds Eye, "Out and About"
- Distressed Wild Saffron embellishments so that they weren't so bright.
Friday, May 8, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
You can get it here. Craft Edge is the original company that created SCAL but I understand you can get it cheaper from other people. Just google SCAL and I am sure you will find some good deals on it.
But even more exciting is that you can also cut shapes with SCAL. It comes with some basic shapes but you can cut SVG files with it also. If you google SVG and scrapbooking you will see there are many people out there that are gracious enough to create SVG files and share them for free. THere is also a yahoo group for SCAL that gives you more information and file sharing. But be warned the yahoo group is very active and will fill your inbox very quickly.
So to recap:
SCAL is a third party software that allows you to cut any TTF font on your computer and any SVG file. SVG files can be found online by googling for them and you can download more fonts by going to www.dafont.com .
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
By the time I got around to having my sugar rush, a piece of a rabbit shaped coconut cake, I was tired and disappointed. I would upload a picture of my failed attempt of a cute Easter Bunny cake but it looked like a mad crazed evil rabbit. Okay, maybe black frosting should not be used for the eyes, the nose, the whiskers and the crooked smile. He looked more like Heath Ledger as the Joker, than a cute Easter Bunny. I tried to save a step by adding the coconut to the frosting before frosting the cake, so he looked like he had the mumps. Are you getting a visual? Okay, whatever you are seeing in your head, it was scarier.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Which is why I am going off topic today. I am reminded about what Good Friday is all about. It isn't about all the great sales or the day off of work. It is about my Saviour being judged, ridiculed, beaten and abandoned by almost everyone who knew Him and loved Him. Only three stayed near. Peter denied Him three times and wasn't there for his final breath. It was this day, over two thousand years ago, that my Saviour was abandoned by everyone, including his Father. In Matthew 27:46 "Jesus cried out "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Can you imagine being a believer back then? All the doubt, all the confusion about what was going on around you? You have seen this man perform miracles. You have heard him speak about love and forgiveness and you watched as he did nothing to save himself. I get an awful feeling in the pit of my stomach as I think about what was going through their minds. What now?
So Good Friday is a somber day for me. It is a day of reflection and prayer. It is a day when I review my faith. Were there times in my walk that I felt I had been forsaken and ran? Were there times that I denied him as I turned my head to things said that were unjust or when I heard others judging. Are their times that I past judgement...because I should never past judgement but love with His love.
The good news for me, unlike the disciples on that Friday, I know the rest of the story. I know what happens next. I know that Sunday is Coming!!!
Saturday, April 4, 2009
So I get up and get dressed up and we head out to Sonoma, an uppity wine bar off of Kirby and Richmond. It felt so old world, because the lighting was so poor that I could not even read the menu. And well, we happen to choose a seat next to a rowdy bunch. Who knew uppity people could get rowdy?!?!?! But we ordered to flights. If you have never ordered a flight or you don't know much about wine, flights are a good place to start. You get 3 or 4 miniature glasses of wine from a certain family. For example, you can get a flight of reds, ice wines, whites, bubbly...you get the point. You get a small sample of each. I have to say I really enjoyed it. And I found that I do have a place in the wine world....ice wines. Apparently they are made from frozen grapes and they are really sweet. And yes, at first I felt naked but as the night wore on, I felt the wine warm me up and naked wasn't so bad after all.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
TIP: Nancy from LovestoCreate is giving away some fancy schmancy mirrors. Check them out and check out her blog. Her craft room is really coming together. I may have to recruit her to do mine.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
I now have over 2000 pictures to go through and figure out which ones I want to blog about, which ones I want to share on facebook, which ones I want to print and which ones I want to scrap. I have a huge task ahead of me.
On a different note, someone asked how I made my Nike+ pouch. Here is the link for the gal who put up great instructions. I cannot sew but this was so easy. Look at my previous blog tagged Nike+ and you can see what I am talking about.
It is late and I have to get some rest. Bye for now.