Thursday, October 14, 2010

I Walk

I did this layout for the Cricut Circle Blog challenge. I am so excited that they are giving away a Pink Expression with Pink Journey cartridge and an additional four cartridges! Can you believe it?!

So the challenge was to create a new project that used three of six elements (pink, flourishes, scallops, glitter, jewels or ruffles). I knew I wanted to do something about breast cancer because hello....this is Breast Cancer Awareness month, I am a survivor and this year I am participating in the 6o mile Walk for the Cure in Dallas. So I did a page on why I walk.

I really had to MacGyver this one. Because I waited to the last minute, I had to make do with what I had on hand. And guess what I didn't have on hand? pink ribbon. So I took beige ribbon and used one of my Ranger Dabbers and turned it pink. I really liked how it came out and I loved the added benefit of the ribbon stiffening up.

I aged my paper some by inking the edges with Tim Holtz Distressing inks. I used Tattered Rose on the 7x11 printed paper on the background. I also used it on the journal tag that I made with the Imagine More cartridge.

I used Adirondack Lights Shell Pink Dabber on the embellishment. I then went over it with Adirondack Lights Sandal Dabber.


I felt the glitter paper "for you" was a bit too bright for my page so I spritz it with Tattered Angels Chalkboard in Strawberry Shortcake. However, it just seemed to make it brighter. Oh, well, I was on a time crunch so I stuck with it.

I cut my letters for Walk in Bazzill paper and then distressed it with tattered rose also. I cut it twice and overlapped the layers.

I don't think I have ever scrapbooked this fast in my whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment